Tuesday, March 19, 2013

30 Miles Done

So far this week I've walked thirty miles but I don't see myself reaching the 50 mile goal for a few reasons.  One, my friend is coming out to see me and even though I'm going to keep on exercising while she's here, I know that we are going to do more touristy things and my oh-so-sore legs will be making me miserable.  The other reason is TMI, I have a little issue with some chaffing right now, it really hurts and like reason one, I don't want to be in horrid pain walking around with my friend.

Last summer I discovered Starbucks Passion Tea, unsweetened but I added raspberry to it, they have a lemonade as well but it's to strong for me.  Ever since I moved out to the sun a few months ago I have found myself stopping by Starbucks and spending around 3.50 for a Venti drink.  I got sick of spending that much money on it so I bought myself a tea maker for 12.00 bucks and a thing of the passion tea and raspberry syrup and Passion Fruit Ice Tea with Raspberry, even in a reusable Starbucks cup for some added flare!  I found the tea on amazon  for a lot less money, 6 boxes for 25 bucks with free shipping and the syrup was only 6.99 at Cost Plus. What I really like, besides saving tons of money, is that I can control how much syurp goes in the drink, I only use half of one serving (1 tbsp) which comes out to 45 calories, since I only allow myself one a day or two if I'm not having a soda, it still saves on calories.


Last night my walk was lovely, it was a sunny mid 70 degree night with a slight breeze which made it a little chilly in a tanktop but feeling the sun soaking into my skin was nice.  I walked about four miles, one part is a park and I snapped this photo on my phone, I love the coast but there is something about looking at mountain ranges that I enjoy just as much.


No comments:

Post a Comment